Wednesday, April 4, 2007

QotW10: NEW ATTRACTIVE EXPERIENCE!


AT MORRIS- NEAR THE ARK




WITH EUNICE (ME IN GREEN)


Just a week ago my friend Cheilla came out of my lecturer’s office mentioning about ‘Second Life’ being our next blogging assignment. Though I did not pay much attention to what she was saying, I soon received an email from her to join ‘Second Life’ (SL). Soon I had my own account and had started to explore the world of virtual reality.


My Avatar (CAN YA SPOT THE REFLECTION ON THE MIRRORS?)

My name in SL is Francessca Ronmark. I have always loved the name Francessca and have a lovely 3 year old cousin in the States with that name. However, “Ronmark” was not my first choice. My initial choice of ‘Rossca’ was rejected and for this reason I settled with Ronmark (however, it is my granddad’s middle name).


My avatar relates to me in a couple of ways. Firstly, my avatar is a young female- just like me! Since I prefer to dress casually, I dressed Francessca (avatar) in that way too. Though I like the color lime green, I have always felt that it would look too bright if worn out. Hence, I chose the lime green top for my avatar. I also made sure that my avatar wore the type of jeans with similar cutting and style as mine.

Whenever I am overseas, I love to try on different types of snow caps. I am crazy about them. On the other hand, using one in Singapore would probably make me look ridiculous due to our humid and unpredictable weather. So I chose an avatar that already has something similar to a snow cap on. I went on to darken the already red hair to make it blend with the color of the clothing. I made the eyes larger and the features sharper to match my physical appearance. Oh yes, as all my friends are well aware, Maria never leaves home without her high heels!Therefore, Francessca needs to have a pair too.

Well, the only description that does not match me is the short hair (my hair is long and curly). However, it does not bother me as I think the short hair makes my avatar look great. Haha !



ME DOING THE HULA DANCE- (NEAR THE AREA THAT REMINDS ME OF A PARK)

Location

The location I am in is known as ‘Morris’. I was teleported there by Cheilla. I think that it is a great place with an excellent architecture. I still recall how the ‘Orientation Island’ was more like a castle area to me. It was dimly lighted and I felt kind of trapped trying to complete it. However, ‘Morris’ is bigger and more spacious. The place is brighter and more filled out with the other users.

The structure of the location is interesting. It has mirrors at weird locations and a really strange looking dragon model. I like walking out to the open part of the location which reminds me of a park (no longer around) I use to frequent when I was younger. The atmosphere is refreshing. Sadly, after a while I often got dragged into the ground and can never discover how to stop it. Anyway, I just found out that it happens whenever I am out of sync with the rest of the users in the location.

I would like to end off by saying that SL is an attractive new experience.

No comments: